In the video above, you will learn how to request a hardship loan from your 401(k) account using our website.
1. Go to Slavic401k.com and click “Log In” on the top right-hand side of the page.
Enter your username and password.
2. Click on Withdrawals in the blue ribbon.
3. Click on Hardship Request.
4. Review the hardship disclosure and confirm that you are currently employed by the company who provides your 401(k) plan.
5. Review a second disclosure, then click Get Started.
6. To qualify for a hardship, the IRS requires you meet certain conditions. Confirm your reason falls within approved IRS guidelines by clicking Continue.
7. Your personal information and employment details will auto populate based on the information we have on record. Please make sure all information is accurate. A 1099-R form will be sent to you for tax purposes. Choose whether you’d like to receive it electronically or by mail. Once finished, click Save and Continue.
8. Fill out your hardship amount, hardship type and how much federal income tax you’d like withheld. Click Save & Continue.
9. Next, fill out the payment instructions. If you choose to have the funds delivered electronically, you will be asked to provide the account and routing information for your financial institution. If you do not choose electronic transfer, a check will be sent to your permanent address via mail. Once finished, click Save & Continue.
10. Review all of your personal information and hardship details. If correct, click Save & Continue.
11. Review the tax notice, then complete the electronic signature field for your hardship loan. Click Submit.
Please remember: it takes 10-15 business days to process a hardship loan. In addition to the processing time, please allow 1-3 business days to receive the funds electronically and 7-10 days for checks sent via mail.