In this video, you will learn how to request a loan from your 401(k) account using our website.
1. Go to Slavic401k.com and click “Log In” on the top right hand side of the page.
2. Enter your username and password.
3. Click on Withdrawals in the blue ribbon.
4. Click on Loan Request.
5. Choose Online Request.
6. Review the loan disclosure, then confirm that you are employed or on a leave of absence from the employer who provides your 401(k) plan.
7. Review important payment and interest information, then click Get Started.
8. Your personal information and employment details will auto populate based on the information we have on record. Please make sure all information is accurate. A 1099-R form will be sent to you for tax purposes. Choose whether you’d like to receive it electronically or by mail. Once finished, click Save and Continue.
9. Fill out your loan amount, loan type and preferred repayment time. Your loan amount can be up to 50% of your vested balance or $50,000, whichever is less. IRS rules and restrictions apply.
For a general loan, the maximum repayment time is five years. For a loan to buy a primary residence, the repayment time is a maximum of 15 years. Once finished, click Save & Continue.
10. Next, fill out the payment instructions. If you choose electronic delivery, you must provide the account and routing information for your financial institution. If you do not choose electronic transfer, a check will be sent to your permanent address via mail. Once finished, click Save & Continue.
11. Complete the electronic signature field for your loan and click Submit.
Please remember: it takes 10-15 business days to process the loan. In addition to the processing time, please allow 1-3 business days to receive the funds electronically and 7-10 days for checks sent via mail.